I am someone who always gets enamoured with natural beauty. There is no more magnificent way to salute the beauty of mother nature than by co-existing in harmony and rather enhancing the beauty provided by nature.
Mykonos is one of the very few places that is not only gifted with stunning natural beauty but in fact the people there have taken a step forward by aligning their habitat in an aesthetic way that the entire landscape seems like a piece cut out from the heaven 🙂
BEACHES – The best way to explore the place is by beach hopping. Beaches here can easily be divided in two types. For the party junkies and for the wandering souls. Mykonos is known for its party beaches such as Paradise and Super Paradise where popular DJs perform and the parties go on till dawn.
For the ones who love the company of nature Mykonose has some amazing virgin beaches where you can just be afloat at the pace of water and wind. Panormas, Fetilia and Agios Sostis are some of such beaches.
- Best to have your own vehicle to hop beaches. Cars and bikes are easily available on rental basis with your driving licence as proof.
- Else there is a bus from town to these beaches every two hours or so.
FOOD & VIEW – There is a place popularly known as The Little Italy. It has small, cute restaurants set at a length by the Aegean sea. As evening knocks, this place becomes the most sought after area and for all good reasons. The food is delicious but my favorites were the beautiful mocktails and cocktails. Come here to just enjoy the serene sunset,with cold breeze stroking your hair gently and the aroma of good music filling your heart. We sat at The Caprice, one of the most known restaurants in the area.
- Ensure that you reach by early evening to get the right place.
- Sun generally sets around 8, so better be there by 6:30 so that you get to witness the entire scenery unfolding in front of you.
- Not to mention, grab the tables nearest to the sea 🙂
SHOPPING – In mykonos you do not shop because you like just the products…you shop because you want to check out each and every shop because each shop is a piece of art in itself. The way they display the products with their warm smiles, all you want, is to pick everything up!!! You will find some of the biggest brands here with some local artisans as well selling from handmade footwear to paintings.
- Do not shop for the sake of shopping, rather consider it a walk through a stunning museum set in the lap of nature.
- Do not miss the beautiful flower arrangements mainly bougainvillea and the aesthetic display of everything.
WINDMILLS – Last but not the least. There is some non – explainable charm in windmills 🙂 The city has some oldest windmills standing beautifully still.Though you might not take much time here but a quick walk is a must to enjoy the nostalgia of the old!
- Plan windmills in the afternoon so that you can walk back to little italy by early evening to enjoy the sunset.
- Do walk across the nearby hillocks that a lot of people miss but they offer some of the most amazing view and lovely breeze.
So whenever you plan a visit to Greece do keep at least two days to wrap yourself up in the beauty of mykonos. What will you get there – a snapshot:
- One of the most beautiful landscapes in the world
- World renowned beach parties that will easily keep you up till dawn
- Breathtaking view of some virgin beaches
- All possible water sports
- A stunningly beautiful town that you have to roam around on your foot
- Shops that not only sell beautiful artifacts, clothes and accessories but look great too
- Good food but superb cocktails
- Amazing sunsets
Hope the post is of help to you 🙂